Water features can be used for either interior or exterior home decoration and landscaping. Unless your home is built to fit a grand water features like fish pond, water fountain, statues and cascading waterfalls, you are limited to the size of this ornament. Whereas for outdoor area, you can lay it out as big as your budget fit.
Water features landscaping can be structured from materials different materials like stone, marble, resin, glass, stainless steel and granite. Below are some insider tips: –
1. Swimming pool is one of the most common addition to the outdoor landscaping. One of the coolest things about swimming pool is that you can built an in-ground pool with various size, shape and additional design like pillars and sculptures. However, above-ground pool is limited to just a round shape, but you can always build a deck around it to make it look exquisite. Here are some suggestions how to make your backyard glamorous.
2. Jacuzzi is another fun feature to add to your water features in extension to your swimming pool or stand alone by itself.
3. Water fountain in my opinion is the most versatile water features. You have the flexibility to change the statutes on the fountain according to the seasons, occasions or customized to your preference.
4. Pond is usually one of the highlights in the water features. The size can be varied depending on the space available. If you have a sizable backyard, you can add on a mock bridge, colorful decorative ornaments, fish, corals, water plants like lily and even turtle and frogs.
5. Waterfalls is the most calming and relaxing water features in my opinion. Chinese culture believed that flowing water brings good luck and prosperity to the household. The most popular design nowadays is built an entire waterfalls accent wall with your personalized background.
When it comes to the construction of the waterfalls outdoor, elevation is the key factor to consider. Staging area will be required for the placement of water pump and basins which can be created using plastic or natural stone. Bear in mind that the sound of the waterfalls is depending on the quantity of rocks, ripples and elevation however you have set it up. You may need to run some trials to adjust the volume to your desire.
6. Creeks is like an extension from the waterfalls. It provides water motion that is delightful to our senses. Depending on the space available, it can be a stream of water around your backyard or a small creek coursing your entire property. For those who has added the creek to their water features swear by the tranquility effect with water piercing sound.
7. Have you heard about the bubble rocks? It is a length-wise of stacking rocks with a small pump underneath allowing water to bubble out to coat the top of the rock simulating the river bank. This is a cost effective and yet incredibly attractive water features you can consider.
Good luck with your creation.